Monday, November 10, 2008

He's here: Samuel Thomas







Brooke delivered at 5:21 PM, Saturday, 11/08/2008. He was 21", 8 lbs. & 5 oz. A little bit big for my little girl. The baby was so strong that he kicked a hole in the placenta and she went in at 5 PM, Friday. She could never dilate enough to deliver the baby so 24 hours later they did a C-section. The doctor said the shoulders were so wide that it was going to be difficult even if she did dilate to 10cm. So it seems the C-section was a good decision. Baby and Mom are doing great and we are waiting to see if they go home on Monday or Tuesday. I feel proud that she named him after me as well as her husband (Joseph Samuel). Since I have my new camera toy, I will be an obnoxious granddad and post pictures or movies most every week for awhile. He certainly went full term and I told her he looked like he was born 3 months old. Brooke and Sam are learning their job as it pertains to nursing him. Thank goodness Joe gets a week off to stay with Brooke and then Mimi gets the next week. Susan has been saving her last week of vacation for this moment. She can't wait until it's just Sam, Brooke, and Mimi quiet time. I hope Sam does his part for the quiet time. So far he has been a perfect disposition baby. He's loud when he's hungry but sleeps his fair share. Except when he has to be entertainment for grandparents.

Brooke did a great job and Joe was with her every minute of the time. They did a good job of giving us a great grandchild. I know they are going to make a very fulfilling family. Brooke is a nurse so she keeps them well and Joe was a guidance counselor so he maintains Sam's perfect behavior. Well, we can dream, can't we.

If you see a parital post, it's because I hit a double key stroke and it said post published. I had just started it. Anyway, thanks for checking in and all the best to you.

Pops and Mimi



No comments: